1957 - Arnold Bartschi Purchases the Llewellyn Estate and Lands
In 1957 Bartschi begins a search for additional land to build warehouses. He travels down the main line to rural Charlestown Township, which is considered quite rustic compared to metropolitan areas such as Philadelphia and Malvern. Bartschi discovers the Llewellyn estate and manor which had been left vacant for some time. He becomes enamored with the natural beauty of the area and decides to purchase the estate. All told he acquired 520 acres, 32 houses, and 1 apartment building.
Source: The Philadelphia Inquirer